Sunday, December 4, 2011

Peace



“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

As our Lord closes His teaching time with the disciples, He leaves them with an encouraging word. He has explained to them the secret of having peace in their lives and reminds them that although they may experience difficulties they can take courage because He has overcome the world.

Sometimes when studying the Bible I leave trails. Next to this verse I’ve written Rom. 8:18 where Paul shares “For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed in us.” Next to that verse I’ve jotted 8:28; “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.” I’ve also referred to II Cor. 11:23-28 which reminds me of all the suffering Paul went through in his life.”

Finally, look at Romans 8:37 which says “But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us.” In the following two verses He exclaims that nothing “shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Christians go through as many trials, disappointments, and difficulties as anyone else but we have the ability to face them differently because of the peace we have as children of God. We have an eternal perspective that allows us to see all things differently. We also have a resource that the non-Christian can’t fathom. Paul says in Phil. 4:7 “the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

I pray that God’s peace may prevail in your life.

No comments: